Nestlé UK News Feed
Nestlé Professional has announced that its hospitality industry competition Toque d’Or will be moving to a virtual platform for the 2020 finals, in order to continue its longstanding purpose to inspire and support the next generation of hospitality professionals.
Nestlé Waters’ Buxton brand has launched a brand-new flavoured water.
Plant+Water by Buxton, launched in July 2020, is a blend of spring water, plant polyphenols and magnesium, with a mix of fruit and herb flavours.
The new water comes in three flavours; Lemon, Lime & Sage, Pomegranate & Basil and Blood Orange & Rosemary.
Nicole started a four-year Engineering apprenticeship at our Fawdon factory in October 2012, and since completing it has taken up a role as an electrical technician. Nicole took a secondment into automation engineering and finished a Bachelor in Engineering (BENG) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in 2020. Now, just one of two Automations Engineers on site, Nicole manages her own team.
The 26-year-old said: "I always knew I wanted to be an engineer. Both my Dad and Auntie work in engineering so I was lucky to have two role models that inspired me. Leaving school to go into engineering was a no brainer for me. At first teachers and family members were concerned, it was almost the rule to choose University instead of an Apprenticeship. However, the combination of hands on learning and establishing early career networks meant that the Apprenticeship was the right decision for me and my career prospects.
"When I joined Nestlé I felt extremely welcomed from everyone I met, from the people on the factory floor to the management I met. I will admit I initially expected there to be resistance based upon antiquated stereotypes around women in this area, however, I am pleased to say that this wasn’t the case. I have felt a lot of encouragement from my team, and I have been championed by other female engineers I have met.
Two women from Nestlé Halifax have created a competition for young people to create a sustainably made lorry.
Inspired by International Women in Engineering Day (IWED), on Tuesday 23rd June, two of the maintenance team at the home of Quality Streets, devised a competition for youngsters aged between 6-14 on this year's theme, 'Shape the World'.
The competition, was created and run by Deanna Sharma, Maintenance Planner and Hannah Worthing, Maintenance Manager, for children of other employees at the factory.
- Nestlé has made a global commitment to sustainably source all its cocoa through the Nestlé Cocoa Plan by 2025.
- Nestlé will provide financial assistance to cocoa farmers, in addition to investing £1 million in an industry-first living income pilot* and a further £500,000 in community projects, as partnership with Fairtrade Foundation ends.
- Through its expanded Cocoa Plan programme and partnership with the Rainforest Alliance, Nestlé will continue working to improve livelihoods and productivity in cocoa-growing communities.
Nestlé UK and Ireland has today announced that its KitKat brand will source Rainforest Alliance Certified™ cocoa from October 2020. The move comes as the business invests more in sustainably sourced cocoa; and harmonises certification for confectionery products within its global portfolio. Nestlé will provide financial support to enable Fairtrade farmers to certify their farms to the Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture Standard as well if they wish.
- As many as one in five adults worldwide are sensitive to cat allergens1
- Scientific breakthrough in managing cat allergens developed after more than a decade of Purina research
- Key ingredient is a specific protein sourced from eggs which safely neutralises allergens in cats’ saliva
- UK’s leading feline welfare charity Cats Protection reveals that human sensitivity to cat allergens caused 1,320 cat relinquishments last year
- Purina Pro Plan LiveClear on sale now from Pets at Home and Purina’s online shop
Scientists at Purina have developed a revolutionary approach to the management of cat allergens. Pro Plan LiveClear, launching in the UK this month, is the first and only cat food that reduces the allergens on cat hair and dander.
This scientific breakthrough is the culmination of more than a decade of Purina research dedicated to finding a safe, effective and feline-friendly way to address a problem that impacts as many as one in five adults1 and countless cat-owning households worldwide, limiting the amount of interactions that owners share with the cats they love.Read full press release