Following the announcement of Nestlé SA’s 9 month sales results, Paul Grimwood, Chairman and Chief Executive of Nestlé UK & Ireland said: "Nestlé has continued to deliver a solid performance in the UK and Ireland so far this year. The economic climate is still challenging and the market is highly competitive. We expect these conditions to continue into 2011, with ongoing pressure on household budgets."
"Our two flagship brands, NESCAFÉ® and KIT KAT®, have increased market share in recent months both in the UK and Ireland, which is encouraging."
- NESCAFÉ, remains the UK’s #1 coffee brand, with total brand sales up 1.8% and NESCAFÉ GOLD BLEND® sales up 3.9%.*
- Both KIT KAT and AERO® are performing well, up 2.8% and 10% respectively. Both brands are this year celebrating their 75th anniversary and we have just launched new KIT KAT SENSES Caramel.*
- The ROWNTREE’S® brand is up 4.9%, with ROWNTREE’S RANDOMS® still performing very well, following its highly successful launch last year.*
- MILKYBAR® is up 6.1%, after the successful launch of new MILKYBAR Raisin and Biscuit in August.*
- Paolo Sangiorgi, Managing Director, Nestlé Waters UK commented; "Nestlé Waters has continued to deliver a solid performance in Q3, mainly driven by BUXTON® and NESTLÉ PURE LIFE®. BUXTON is now the UK's biggest British mineral water and getting bigger. NESTLÉ PURE LIFE, only introduced two years ago, has been the most successful launch into the bottled water category in recent history.**
* Data IRI, YTD w/e 11th September
** Data Symphony IRI, Total Grocery to 9 Oct 2010, Kantar Worlpanel, 11 Sep 2010, Other NPD launches 2008–2010 for reference: Drench, Abbeywell (CCE), Isklar, Iceni