Maggi, Nestlé's international culinary brand, is re-launching its iconic Fusian and 3 Minute Noodles block range and So Juicy and So Tender dry recipe mixes in the UK and Ireland, with nutritionally improved recipes and updated packaging designs.
Following years of research and development, Maggi’s noodle range and recipe mixes have been reformulated using more of the great tasting familiar ingredients that people would find in their kitchen cupboard.
Maggi Fusian and the Maggi 3 Minute noodle block range are now packed with even more carefully selected authentic ingredients and contain 25% less salt compared to the market average.
The products have been developed with nutritional benefits in mind, yet without compromising on the delicious flavours consumers have come to know and love:
- Maggi So Juicy: no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Maggi So Tender: no hydrogenated vegetable oil, no artificial colours
- Maggi Fusian noodle blocks: 25% less salt*, no artificial colours or preservatives
- Maggi 3 Minute Noodles: 25% less salt*, 30% less fat*, no artificial colours or preservatives
As a result of the reformulation 760 kg of salt and 5 tonnes of saturated fat have been removed from the products.
As part of the re-launch, Maggi is also revealing a new visual identity focused on flavour with a more striking and contemporary packaging across the dry recipe mixes and noodles portfolio.
The packaging changes follow research into consumer behaviours and extensive testing of Maggi’s new visual identity proving that the changes will help consumers find their favourite flavours more easily and quickly on shelves.
The new packs are now being rolled out with all products due on shelf by the end of this month.
Daniel Wheeler, Maggi Marketing Manager at Nestlé UK and Ireland, said:
“At Maggi, we strongly believe that homemade cooking can make a positive impact on people’s lives and everyone should be able to enjoy it every day.
“The team has worked tirelessly to deliver products and recipes that help consumers make meals that are both utterly delicious and perfectly balanced. Through our latest improvements we aim to inspire families to prepare authentic and deliciously tasty homemade food more often, helping them in their exploration of world flavours in the comfort of their home.
“By reducing salt and saturated fat and using more ingredients people know and love, Maggi is making it that little bit easier for families to understand exactly what goes into the food they are preparing for their loved ones and be confident they are making a good choice.”
Founded by Swiss entrepreneur Julius Maggi, the brand has been the master of flavours, herbs and spices for over 120 years. Established in 1872 in Switzerland, Maggi quickly became a pioneer of large-scale food production aimed at improving the nutritional intake of busy working families.
In the UK and Ireland today, the Maggi brand has become synonymous with quality and taste offering a wide range of delicious culinary solutions from recipe mixes and noodles to authentic World Foods catering to different tastes from across the world.
Notes to Editors:
*compared to the market average
- In 2012, Nestlé reformulated Maggi So Juicy products: Garlic Chicken, Herb Chicken, Paprika Chicken, Sweet and Sour Chicken and BBQ Ribs by reducing salt and developing the products to suit UK and Irish consumers. This resulted in salt reductions of 38% (on a sales weighted average) across these five products.
- In 2014, Nestlé reformulated Maggi 3 Minute Noodles and removed around 4.3 tonnes of salt. (Calculated using nutrient changes as a result of 2015 reformulation and 2014 sales data. The reductions are not cumulative).
- All Maggi noodles and recipe mixes meet the UK Governments’ 2017 Salt Reduction Targets.
- As part of the Food Foundation’s Peas Please pledge to increase vegetable consumption all Maggi dry recipe mixes meal recommendations will include at least two portions of vegetables per serving (on-pack and online) by the end of 2018.