As part of this programme, the company has been seeking a new Head Office in Croydon for several years. However, it has proved very difficult either to redevelop the company’s current offices, or to identify an alternative location that meets its needs. In 2010 the company therefore announced that it would need to explore options outside Croydon, while continuing to look for a suitable location in the town. Today Nestlé UK and Ireland has announced that it will move its Head Office to 1 City Place Gatwick, relocating its 840 office based employees by the end of 2012.
Paul Grimwood, Nestlé UK & Ireland Chairman & CEO said:
“This move represents an exciting new chapter for Nestlé in the UK. We are investing across the UK to establish our next generation of world class facilities. Our new Head Office will provide a modern, efficient and attractive workplace for our people, in an ideal location.”
The business will start to move later this year and will complete its relocation by the end of 2012.
For further information please contact the Nestlé UK Press Office on 0208 667 6005 or email:
Notes to editors:
Over the past five years Nestlé has undertaken a multi-million pound investment programme, establishing its next generation of world class competitive manufacturing facilities in the UK.
- £200 million spent transforming its major confectionery factory in York to create a best in class manufacturing facility
- creating a £40 million European centre of excellence for Nescafé Cappuccino in Dalston, Cumbria
- establishing a £20 million seasonal confectionery manufacturing centre in Halifax
- building a new £35 million bottling plant in Buxton that will be one of the most environmentally sustainable operations of its kind in the world when it opens in 2012
- £110 million in its Tutbury site in Derbyshire creating a world class coffee manufacturing facility and trebling production of NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto
- a £7 million expansion for Nestlé’s global Research & Development centre for confectionery in York
About Nestlé in the UK
Nestlé UK and Ireland has approximately 7,000 employees across 19 sites and comprises: Nestlé UK (Food & Beverage, Confectionery and Food Services), Nestlé Ireland, Nestlé Purina Petcare, Nestlé Waters, Nestlé Nutrition, Jenny Craig, Nespresso, Cereal Partners UK (a joint venture with General Mills), Lactalis-Nestlé Chilled Dairy (a joint venture with Lactalis).
In the UK, the company manufactures some of Nestlé’s most popular and iconic brands, including KIT KAT® confectionery (the UK’s No 1 selling biscuit), QUALITY STREET® confectionery, NESCAFÉ® soluble coffee, SHREDDED WHEAT® cereal, BUXTON® water, NESTLÉ® PURE LIFE® water, SKI® yoghurt and BAKERS and FELIX® petfood.
For further information please contact the Nestlé Press Office on 0208 667 6005.