- Eight iconic Starbucks by Nespresso blends are coming to supermarkets and online retailers
- Infinitely recyclable aluminium capsules ensure Starbucks high quality coffee
- The finest 100% Arabica ethically sourced coffee provides the classic Starbucks signature roasts
Nestlé has launched Starbucks by Nespresso, uniting Starbucks quality coffee with the Nespresso Original system to bring Starbucks at Home to millions of coffee connoisseurs in the UK and Ireland. Starbucks by Nespresso will be available in UK and Irish supermarkets, making it the first time Nestlé has made available Nespresso’s unique aluminium capsule technology outside of its Nespresso business.
UK and Irish coffee consumers will be pleased to learn that all Starbucks by Nespresso coffee is 100% premium grade Arabica coffee purchased from ethical sources and verified accordingly. The coffee found in Starbucks by Nespresso is a precise roast of the signature Starbucks taste specifications. Whether consumers prefer Starbucks Blonde, Medium or Dark roast, all three roasts will be available in the Starbucks by Nespresso line-up. Starbucks Blonde roast is lightest-bodied, from crisp and well rounded, to mellow and soft, these coffees have a range of delicate flavours for you to enjoy.
Medium roast means medium bodied, from bright and tangy to rich and lively, the balanced blends in the Medium Roasts deliver a range of exciting tastes. Dark roast is fuller bodied and bold, from rich and roast sweet to earthy and herbal, the Dark Roasts have a range of bold tastes and flavours.
The Starbucks by Nespresso line-up includes:
- Blonde Espresso Roast (Blonde roast)
- Colombia (Single Origin) (Medium roast)
- House Blend (Medium roast)
- Pike Place (Medium roast)
- Sumatra (Single Origin) (Dark roast) (Tesco exclusive)
- Caffe Verona (Dark roast)
- Espresso Roast (Dark roast)
- Decaf Espresso Roast (Dark roast)
Each Starbucks by Nespresso capsule is recyclable by design, the aluminium is infinitely recyclable and the used coffee grounds are compostable. Consumers can recycle their used Starbucks by Nespresso capsules through the existing Nespresso recycling infrastructure of over 7,000 CollectPlus locations in the UK; in addition, consumers can drop their filled recycling bags off at their nearest Nespresso Boutique.
Neil Stephens, who heads up Nestlé’s Beverages business in the UK and Ireland, said: “We are determined to bring high quality coffee options to millions more consumers. Our coffee portfolio now boasts three iconic brands: Nescafé, Nespresso and Starbucks and we are constantly exploring new ways to bring these much-loved brands to more people than ever before. Starbucks by Nespresso is a great example of our business focusing on coffee as a high growth area. It’s just the latest in our long series of upcoming and exciting coffee innovations; there is lots more to come.”
Nestlé’s agreement with Starbucks has helped to strengthen its global leadership position in the coffee business, at a time when coffee consumption is on the increase. Earlier this year the Starbucks for Nescafé Dolce Gusto series launched alongside a range of whole bean, roast and ground coffees, which has attracted younger consumers to enjoy their favourite coffee at home.
Starbucks by Nespresso is available from Monday, 2nd September from all major retailers across the UK and Ireland.
- For more information, please contact the Nestlé UK press office at nestleukpress[email protected] or call us on 020 8667 6005.
- Starbucks by Nespresso are available in sleeves of 10 capsules.
- Each sleeve weighs between 53g, 55g or 57g depending on the variant.
- Starbucks by Nespresso recycling bags can be collected at local Nespresso Boutiques, or ordered from Starbucks consumer services on 0800 279 3160.
- Through the global coffee alliance, Nestlé has the perpetual rights to market Starbucks Consumer Packaged Goods and Foodservice coffee and tea products around the world, outside of Starbucks coffee houses and excluding Ready-to-Drink products.
- Nestlé is the world’s largest food and beverage company.
With more than 2000 brands ranging from global icons to local favourites, we are present in 191 countries around the world. www.nestle.co.uk – Follow our UK and Ireland team Follow us on Twitter @NestleUKI