Nestlé, the world’s biggest food and drink producer, and one of York’s largest employers, has joined forces with a fundraising initiative for The Snappy Trust York, the local charity dedicated to empowering children and young people with disabilities, in an aluminium foil recycling scheme.
Instead of throwing away used foil, Foil for Snappy is encouraging York residents to recycle the valuable material at one of seven convenient locations across the city. The foil will then be sold for recycling with the proceeds going towards the Snappy Trust York.
Any type of foil, including kitchen foil, Easter egg foil, foil trays from takeaways or ready meals, even KitKat 2 finger foil will be accepted – all the charity asks is that it’s clean. Residents can even recycle aluminium cans and household cables in the Snappy banks too!
Alison Bramfitt, Group Packaging Manager at Nestlé UKI said: “We are delighted to be supporting this wonderful cause in York and want to encourage as many people as possible to save up loads of chocolate egg foil this Easter. Rope in your family, friends and colleagues and together we can make a difference.
“It’s easy to tell what you can and what you can’t recycle in the bins, by using a simple scrunch test. Roll the foil in your hands, does it stay scrunched? If so it can be recycled. If it springs back its film and cannot be accepted.”
Karen Nash, Foil for Snappy Coordinator said “We are very grateful to Nestle for providing the funding to upgrade our collection bins to proper foil recycling facilities. This is allowing even more residents in York to recycle their aluminium foil. Not only are we saving the planet by recycling this valuable resource but it is helping us raise valuable funds for The Snappy Trust at the same time.”
The seven bins are located at convenient locations across the city and are now accepting waste aluminium foil.
Last month, Nestlé UK & Ireland announced they are offering more Easter chocolate egg choice than ever before this with the introduction of the Incredible Egg.
- For more information, including access to images please contact: Nestlé UK Press Office on 020 8667 6005 or e-mail [email protected]
- There are 7 foil recycling bins across York.
They are located at:
- Sainsbury's Monks Cross Superstore, Jockey Lane, Huntington, York YO32 9LG
- Asda Monks Cross Shopping Park, Monks Cross, York YO32 9LF
- Sainsbury's Foss Bank, York YO31 7JB
- Co-op Food - Haxby, Ryedale Court Shopping Centre, 8 The Village, York YO32 3SA
- Morrisons Acomb, 4 Front St, York YO24 3BZ
- Nunnery Lane Car Park, York YO23 1AA
- York Designer Outlet, St Nicholas Ave, York YO19 4TA