• Available exclusively in Sainsbury’s
• Crafted using 100% Arabica beans
Coffee drinkers in the UK will be able to enjoy Nescafé Gold Organic when the premium instant coffee launches in Sainsbury’s this month. Made using 100% organic Arabica beans, Nescafé Gold Organic delivers a smooth, fruity flavour with notes of sweet and sour citrus fruits, alongside the reassurance many get from selecting organic.
Neil Stephens who heads up Nescafé in the UK and Ireland said: “This is our first organic offering from Nescafé. Demand for organic products continues to grow in Britain and remains a big factor for many consumers, particularly those interested in the environmental benefits of going organic. I’m delighted to be able to share this premium innovation with the UK’s coffee drinkers.”
Makers of organic goods aim to produce food and crops using natural substances and processes, and the method has grown in popularity in recent decades. Nescafé Gold Organic displays the European organic logo, making it easy for customers to see it has passed the rigorous and strict rules covering its organic production.
Nestlé, the maker of Nescafé and world’s largest food and drink company, is increasingly offering organic options across its global portfolio. Last year Nestlé acquired a majority stake in Terrafertil, which sells natural, organic, plant-based foods and healthy snacks in the UK. While its SMA Nutrition business recently launched an SMA Organic baby milk in the UK, providing parents with more choice than ever before.
Nescafé Gold Organic is available exclusively from Sainsbury’s now.
- For more information, including access to images please contact: Nestlé UK Press Office on 020 8667 6005 or e-mail [email protected]
- Nescafé Gold Organic is available exclusively from Sainsbury’s from mid-February 2019 for six months, after that time it will be available in other retailers too.
- Nestlé is the world’s largest food and beverage company. With over 2000 brands ranging from global icons to local favourites, they are present in 189 countries worldwide www.nestle.co.uk/
- Nescafé is the world's favourite coffee brand, enjoyed in over 180 countries worldwide. With over 80 years of experience in selecting, roasting and blending the very best coffee, it's no surprise that over 5,500 cups of Nescafé coffee are drunk every second! www.nescafe.co.uk
- Nescafé Plan and Farmer Connect – by making sure coffee farmers grow viable, healthy crops, and that coffee farming remains sustainable, the Nescafé Plan helps to ensure that the day never comes when coffee lovers have to wake up without their favourite drink www.nescafe.co.uk/nescafe-plan/