- FREE ‘Instagramable’ pop-up space to open for London’s coffee and design lovers
- All visitors will be treated to FREE signature Espresso Martini’s made using Nescafé Azera
- The ‘Azera By Design Gallery’ will open from 12pm until 9:30pm on Saturday 20th October and on Sunday 21st October from 11am until 8:30pm.
Image: How the entrance to the Nescafé Azera By Design Gallery will look
Calling all coffee and design lovers! Nescafé Azera is bringing a new and exciting gallery concept to London next month to celebrate the fourth year of its ‘By Design’ campaign. Every year a talented cohort of next generation designers from the University for the Creative Arts (UCA), are given the chance to create a striking design for a limited edition Azera tin that will appear in shops across the country. With the campaign now in its fourth year, the best designs, which are based on the theme of ‘Unexpected Urban Adventures’, are being brought to life on a huge scale as Nescafé Azera throws open the doors of Shoreditch’s Old Truman Brewery for a one-weekend-only immersive experience, especially curated for coffee and design lovers in mind.
The free event, being held over the weekend of 20th and 21st October, is open to everyone (18+) and features three galleries, each with a completely different feel and experience inspired by one of the student’s designs. Inspired by street art, the unexpected colours and shapes of the 'Colourful Path' will be a fun and dynamic room to explore. 'Umbrellas' will remind visitors that great things can happen on a rainy day in the city and finally 'Spotlights' takes its inspiration from a Soho nightclub, so get ready to be dazzled!
Upon arrival guests will be able to sample Nescafé Azera in cocktail form, thanks to resident Mixologists serving free Espresso Martini’s, made using Nescafé’s Azera.
Neil Stephens, Managing Director for Nescafé in the UK said: “We love this time of year, as we unveil some of the stunning designs that the students at UCA have developed for our tins. Our ‘By Design’ competition provides a unique platform for emerging designers while bringing fresh energy to the super premium instant coffee category. This year it’s even more special though, our pop up event is a must if you’re interested in coffee, design or both or if you just want to come along and get some unique photographs for your Instagram feed!”
The best nine entries of the competition have been turned into limited edition ‘Nescafé Azera By Design’ tins that you can find on sale now.
Meanwhile that’s not the only development for fans of Nescafé Azera. The brand will shortly unveil a dedicated new coffee shop within the capital’s The O2 Arena, the first time the brand has moved into retail in such a way. The new coffee shop, will serve Nescafé Azera coffee products to event-goers in a colourful, designer space with comfortable seating.
Plan your visit to the Azera By Design Gallery:
Dates and opening hours:
Saturday 20th October – 12pm until 9:30pm (gallery to close at 10pm)
Sunday 21st October – 11am until 8:30pm (gallery to close at 9pm)
Location: Nescafé Azera by Design Gallery, Old Truman Brewery, Shop 4, Dray Walk, E1 6NJ
Transport: Tube & Rail
Shoreditch High Street Station, walking distance: 5 minutes
Overground services to Dalston Junction, New Cross, Crystal Palace & West Croydon
Liverpool Street Station, walking distance: 10 minutes
Central, Metropolitan, Circle, Hammersmith & City Lines and National Rail Services
Aldgate East Station, walking distance: 10 minutes
District, Hammersmith & City Lines
Old Street Station, walking distance: 10 minutes
Northern Line and National Rail Services
West End 8, 55 & 242
East London 8, 26, 48, 55, 57, 242, 388
South London 35, 47, 48, 78, 149
The City 26, 55, 242, 243, 388
Please note, visitors fortunate enough to look under 25 may be asked for ID prior to collecting their free Espresso Martini.
Notes to editor:
- For more information, including access to images please contact: Nestlé UK Press Office on 020 8667 6005 or e-mail [email protected]
- Nescafé is the world's favourite coffee brand, enjoyed in over 180 countries worldwide. With over 75 years of experience in selecting, roasting and blending the very best coffee, it's no surprise that over 5,500 cups of Nescafé coffee are drunk every second! https://www.nescafe.co.uk/
- Nestlé is the world’s largest food and drink company. With more than 2000 brands ranging from global icons to local favourites, we are present in 191 countries around the world. https://www.nestle.co.uk/ – Follow our UK and Ireland team on Twitter: @NestleUKI