From today, Quality Street fans no longer need to leave their street, home or even their armchair to buy personalised tins of their favourite sweets, as the brand announces a new webshop - www.qualitystreet.co.uk.
The move means that, for the first time, shoppers will be able to buy bespoke tins of Quality Street all the year round. Visitors to the site can select up to six different sweets or opt for the classic Quality Street mix. They can personalise their tin with a name of their choice* and have it delivered straight to their door. The site also makes gifting easy, offering a free personalised card with every order.
Ellie Dent, Senior Brand Manager for Quality Street said: “We’ve had an overwhelming response to our pop-up stations over the last few years, so we know how much people love to choose the perfect mix of their favourite sweets and personalise their Quality Street tins. Until now, you needed to do this by visiting a specific store but, with the launch of www.qualitystreet.co.uk, shoppers in the UK and Ireland can tailor their tins in a matter of clicks, all from the comfort of their own home.
“Quality Street is the number one seasonal brand, and we’re incredibly proud of that, but it’s also the perfect gift at any time. That’s why we are making it easier than ever to create and personalise your Quality Street experience. For instance, does your family vie for the Green Triangles and Caramel Swirls while Toffee Fingers are left in the tin? Now you can avoid debate this year and create a mix that everyone will love.
“What’s more, you will be able to purchase throughout the year, whether it’s for Easter or birthday gifts, as a thank you, or simply to surprise someone with a tin of what you know are their favourites.”
The site will offer 1kg tins of Quality Street costing £15.99 plus a £2.99 delivery charge to UK mainland addresses.
The webshop is not the only innovation from Quality Street in 2020. Earlier this year, Quality Street Intrigue, a range of indulgent truffles inspired by classic flavours from the brand, hit stores nationwide.
Available in three delicious flavours: Salted Caramel Truffles, Praline Truffles and Orange Truffles, Intrigue comes beautifully packaged in 200g boxes (RRP £5.00) each containing 20 individually wrapped sweets. Intrigue Salted Caramel and Praline Truffles are available at most major supermarkets, Orange Truffles are exclusive to Asda.
The 2020 Quality Street launch is being backed by a £4m marketing campaign, including the first new TV advertisement in 5 years.
Ellie Dent said: “This year’s marketing campaign is all about how Quality Street can make moments more memorable and build togetherness with friends and family, whatever your chosen definition of family is. This is reflected in our television ad, which features real-life groups of family, friends and couples.
“2020 will be a Christmas unlike any other, when familiar traditions become more important than ever. I’m pleased that through the webshop, we’ll be able to bring Quality Street to more people and help bring friends and family together even if, for now, they may be physically apart.
“Quality Street is 84 years old and as popular today as it has ever been, but that doesn’t mean the brand hasn’t changed over the years. Today’s news is the latest exciting instalment in the Quality Street story and we hope it will make the brand feel closer to all its fans, old or new.
The full range of Quality Street and Quality Street Intrigue is starting to appear in stores from now, with promotions running right up until Christmas itself.
Notes to Editors
*Up to a maximum of nine characters
The full Quality Street range for 2020 comprises:
- Quality Street Carton – 240g
- Quality Street Bag – 450g
- Quality Street Tub – 650g
- Quality Street Tin – 800g (exclusive to Tesco)
- Quality Street Tin – 1kg
- Quality Street Tin – 2kg
- Quality Street Purely Purple Ones – 350g
- Quality Street Simply Strawberry Delights – 350g
- Quality Street Advent Calendar – 229g
- Quality Street Intrigue Salted Caramel Truffles – 200g
- Quality Street Intrigue Praline Truffles - 200g
- Quality Street Intrigue Orange Truffles – 200g
- Named after a J.M. Barrie play, Quality Street is still made at the same factory in Halifax, West Yorkshire where it was first manufactured in 1936. It was originally developed by Mackintosh’s of Yorkshire which was founded in the town in 1890 by John and Violet Mackintosh. Their son, Harold Mackintosh, developed Quality Street in the 1930s to create an affordable, brightly coloured assortment of chocolates and sweets. The original tin contained 18 varieties, had paper bunting around the edge and all the sweets were wrapped differently, providing a visual and sensual experience. The tin went on sale for two shillings.
- Today, around 12 million Quality Street sweets are made every day at the peak of season at Nestlé Halifax.
Nestlé is the world’s largest food and beverage company. With more than 2,000 brands ranging from global icons to local favourites, we are present in 191 countries around the world.