All blog comments are sent to a person to moderate them before they get posted on the website. If your comment is a question about something that isn't to do with the post then it might not be published; we ask that everyone keeps to these house rules:
• All comments should stay on the topic of the article. If you want to talk about broader issues related to Nestlé we're afraid we won't be able to help you on this forum, but do contact our Consumer Services Department and talk to them (click here for their contact details)
• No offensive or libellous language
• No spam, good luck/chain, commercial, promotional or repetitive posts
• Please don't include links to other websites, social networks, or personal contact details in your comment (we ask for your email address in a separate box so that we can reply to you if you've asked for a reply - don't worry, people who see the comments don't see your email address)
• Anyone who works for, or is directly connected to Nestlé, should make this clear when posting (but our archivist would still love to read your comments)
• Comments that break any of these rules will not be posted and may lead to IP addresses being blocked
We aim to respond to comments when we can, but may not be able to give a personal response in all cases. If you leave a comment outside of office hours your comment may not be moderated until the next working day at the soonest.
If you have a question about a product, or you need to get in touch with someone at Nestlé, please click here and choose your preferred method of speaking to our friendly Consumer Services team in Yorkshire.
If you have a question for the Archivist click here to see her Frequently Asked Questions page.