To Press Releases listApr 25, 2018
Nestlé UK has raised a staggering £700,000 for its Charity of Choice, Action for Children.
On Tuesday 8 September 2015, Dame Fiona Kendrick, Chairman and CEO of Nestlé UK and Ireland welcomed Sir Tony Hawkhead , CEO of Action for Children to the company’s Gatwick offices to celebrate the fantastic fundraising efforts of Nestlé’s employees and to hear more about how the money raised will support those who need it the most.
Throughout the three year partnership, Nestlé employees have taken part in a variety of fundraising activities. These have included running marathons and half marathons, the Bupa and the York 10k, the Great North Swim, a site-to-site static bike cycling challenge, a Tough Mudder and many other sporting events.
Money was also raised through a number of social events organised by staff from across Nestlé’s different sites. Events included a children’s fancy dress party at its Girvan factory, Fawdon’s Night at the Movies and Tutbury’s Family Fun Day.
Other events supporting Action for Children have involved numerous cake sales and bake offs, as well as raffles, auctions, quiz nights and a “wear red day.”
Dame Fiona Kendrick, Chairman and CEO of Nestlé UK & Ireland, said: “I am proud that Nestlé employees have been able to raise such a huge sum of money, and have given from their own pockets towards Action for Children’s services. The money will help fund the charity’s fostering services, support for families, its adoption work and its support to children with some of the most complex and challenging care needs.”
Sir Tony Hawkhead, CEO of Action for Children, said: “On behalf of everyone at Action for Children I would like to thank Nestlé for their wonderfully generous support throughout our three year partnership. Nestlé employees have done a fantastic job fundraising for us, taking part in a variety of activities such as marathons, cycle challenges and bake sales. In total over the last three years, Nestlé has raised an incredible £700,000, helping us to continue to deliver our vital support to the most vulnerable children and young people across the UK."
- The BAGS (Be A Good Sport) fund was open for all employees across Nestlé's UK sites and was a great opportunity to get its employees active and raise vital funds at the same time - activities included the Bupa 10K, the York 10k, Great North Run and Ride London.
- Through London to Paris Bike Ride in 2013 36 employees from across all Nestlé UK sites raised a staggering £43k for Action for Children!
- Nestlé Marathon runners from across all Nestlé’s UK sites over the three years have raised more than £78k.
- York Nestlé Retail Operation team (NROC) took part in the Yorkshire Warrior and raised nearly £1.5k.
- Nestlé interns at Gatwick and York did a static bike ride for the distance between sites and raised more than £2k.
- York Supplier Event held at the National Rail Museum in York raised more than £17k.
- Rickmansworth HR team climbed the Yorkshire three peaks and raised over £2.5k
- Christmas fundraising activities at all sites, including the Winter Wonderland at York raised more than £3k.
- Nestlé’s Gatwick and York sites both had a Nestlé Giving Tree for Action for Children for Christmas 2013 and 2014 where the employees bought presents for a child or young person at one of their local Action for Children services.
About Action for Children:
For more than 145 years, Action for Children has never been afraid to push for the best for children. Action for Children works in local communities across the UK to make children’s lives better: now, tomorrow and every day. They take action at the earliest opportunity to help children as they grow up. They care about each child and every family and support and protect the most vulnerable. Today, close to 650 Action for Children services directly help more than 300,000 children, young people, parents and carers across the UK each year.
For further information please contact Nestlé Press Office on 0208 667 6005 or e-mail email@example.com