To Press Releases listSep 3, 2015
Nestlé UK and Ireland, creator of world famous chocolate brands such as KitKat, Yorkie and Aero, is on the hunt for chocolate makers of the future.
In partnership with the National Centre for Food Manufacturing at the University of Lincoln, Nestlé is looking for creative young people to enrol in either a BSc (Hons) Degree in Food Manufacture and Confectionery or a Higher Apprenticeship in Food Manufacture and Confectionery.
The programme combines flexible, part-time study with the opportunity for curious food developers of the future to put their theory into practice working at a Nestlé confectionery site alongside our team of highly experienced chocolate makers.
If working with great brands and chocolate isn’t tempting enough, the successful applicants will not only be paid an attractive salary but will also have 100% of their course fees paid by the company.
Tom Banham, Head of Nestlé Academy Talent Acquisition, said: “It’s great to be able to offer these new ground-breaking roles and give students the opportunity to learn and avoid the burden of student debt. I’m really looking forward to working with the successful applicants and helping them to build a fantastic future and career for life.”
The programme will include learning key elements of developing new products, the science behind food and the essentials of food safety and quality.
Applicants should be creative, tenacious and passionate about all things food and who will hit the ground running with new, fun ideas.
Applications are now being taken for enrolment in November 2015 via a dedicated website.
For further information please contact the Nestlé Press Office on 0208 667 6005 or email email@example.com
Notes to editors:
• Find out more about the role and hear from Nestlé York’s Head Confectioner Vikki Geall, who the successful applicants will work alongside with, by watching this short video
• Applications for a BSc (Hons) Degree in Food Manufacture and Confectionery can be made via https://nestle.apply.cappats.com/jobs/apply/31
• Applications for a Higher Apprenticeship in Food Manufacture and Confectionery can be made via https://nestle.apply.cappats.com/jobs/apply/32
• The programme forms part of Nestlé’s Youth Employment Initiative to provide 1,900 job opportunities to young people by 2016.
• In 2015 the Company is recruiting 50 apprentices and extending schemes to food manufacturing and operations as well as broadening apprenticeships out to include supply chain and IT.
• In 2013 Nestlé launched it’s Fast Start school leaver programme combining university studies with practical work experience in conjunction with Sheffield Hallam University. At the end of the three year programme trainees will gain BA (Hons) in Professional Business Practice at Sheffield Hallam University and a guaranteed job at Nestlé.